As a patient at this clinic, we expect that you will
- Inform the provider of any medical ailments that you feel may have gone untreated.
- Inform the provider of your medical history.
- Communicate to the staff with respect any concerns, complaints, or grievances you may have with individuals and/or policies of the organization.
- Ask all questions that have gone unanswered or that are not clear to you in reference to a treatment plan.
- To the best of your ability follow the health care maintenance plan prescribed by your provider.
- To the best of his/her ability keep your appointment to see the provider and inform the front desk if for some reason the appointment cannot be kept.
- Follow the policies and procedures outlined to you in the receipt of services.
- Be respectfully to all staff in obtaining health care services.
- Not be disruptive or abusive to other patients, clinic staff, or policies when receiving health care services.
- To the best of your ability provide payment for clinic services in accordance with your ability to pay as determined by the receptionist.
- To the best of your ability when appropriate make appointments for receiving services.
- Inform the staff when there is a medical emergency when calling or presenting to the clinic for services.
- Inform the front desk staff when you have had a change in address and telephone number.
- Return the phone call received from the clinic if you were not available at the time of the call.
- Ask your health care provider what to expect regarding pain and pain management.
- Discuss pain relief options with your health care provider;
- Work with your health care provider to develop a pain management plan;
- Ask for pain relief when pain first begins
- Help your health care provider assess your pain;
- Tell your health care provider if your pain is not relieved; and
- Tell your health care provider about any worries you have about taking pain medication.